Within this textbook you will learn:
• About the architecture and internal components of the Oracle Business Intelligence (BI) Enterprise Edition (EE) data analytics suite (OBIEE).
• Important concepts regarding the Oracle WebLogic Server application server middleware platform, the platform to which the Oracle BI suite is deployed.
• This textbook will guide you through the process of creating an installation of Oracle BI and the WebLogic Server on either a Linux/Unix or an MS Windows host system. Using this workshop setup, you will be able to complete the exercises presented in the other textbooks from the Sideris Oracle Fusion Middleware curriculum. And of course, having a working Enterprise Edition of the Oracle BI suite will also allow you to begin real-world production work for your organization.
• You will receive an introduction to administration of the Oracle WebLogic Server, the Oracle BI Server and Oracle BI Presentation Services.
• How to manage analytic content created by users and stored within the Oracle BI Presentation Catalog. Topics include managing permissions, private folders, shared folders, and archiving objects for use in other BI installations.
• How to access and use administration tools to perform basic BI management tasks. Such tools include the Oracle WebLogic Server Administration Console, the Oracle Enterprise Manager with the Fusion Middleware Control, the Oracle BI Administration tool and the Oracle BI Catalog Manager. You will learn how to add new BI users as well as manage their privileges.