The following specific topics are included in this guide book:
• Background discussion of data warehousing, business intelligence (BI) and data analytics presented in a form that business professionals can readily understand.
• Background concepts regarding logical data models, star schema and snowflake schema warehouse models.
• How to build analytical models using fact tables, dimensions, dimension hierarchies, cubes, measures and other multidimensional data model objects.
• Use interactive Dashboards to analyze data, uncover trends and make strategic business decisions.
• Export BI results to productivity software such as Microsoft Office or other external systems.
• Design customized Dashboards to reflect an individual's role, perspective or business interest.
• Creating data analyses and dynamically interact with results produced from Oracle BI.
• Format analyses using sorts, filters and prompts.
• Format column output, subtotaling, customization of column properties and transforming column data using formulas.
• Create results with compound layouts, including views such as tabular, chart, pivot table, gauge and others.
• Manage content, permissions and access within the Presentation Catalog.
This textbook includes dozens of learning exercises, with detailed point-and-click solutions also provided.
DATA WAREHOUSING, BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE & DATA ANALYTICS
GETTING STARTED WITH ORACLE BI
USING A DASHBOARD
CREATING AN ANALYSIS
SELECTING & ORDERING DATA
EMPLOYING TABLE & TITLE VIEWS
EMPLOYING GRAPH & GAUGE VIEWS
EMPLOYING PIVOT TABLE VIEWS
EMPLOYING SECONDARY VIEWS
DEPLOYING ANALYSES TO DASHBOARDS
BUILDING A DASHBOARD